David's Parliamentary staff are always pleased to arrange tours of the Houses of Parliament or the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben) with the Central Tours Office for constituents who are visiting London, subject to Parliamentary business (which can sometimes restrict access) on the day. They can also help arrange Gallery tickets for the House of Commons and House of Lords chambers during debates. Due to the popularity of these debates, it is essential to book several months in advance.
A full tour of the Palace of Westminster takes in Soveriegn's Entrance, Norman Porch, Royal Gallery, Prince's Chamber, the House of Lords Chamber, Central Lobby, Memner's Lobby, the House of Commons Chamber, St Stephen's Hall and Westminster Hall. The tours are free of charge for UK residents and are led by trained guides.
Tours can be arranged during the following days:
When Parliament is sitting:
- Mondays: 9:00am to 12:00pm full tours
- Tuesdays: 9.00am to 9.55am full tours. 10.00am to 12.00pm partial tours (Lords only)
- Wednesdays: 9:00am to 9.55am full tours. 10:00am to 12.00pm partiaul tours (Lords only)
- Thursdays: no tours
- Fridays: 3:30pm to 5:00pm full tours
When Parliament is not sitting
- Non-sitting Fridays: 3:30pm to 5:00pm (No tours are available on Fridays during the recesses)
- Recesses: Monday 9:30am-5:00pm (except Bank Holidays)
- Prorogation: There will be no tours during this period
There are no tours on Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays. Other closures may be announced at short notice due to Parliamentary business.
We can also arrange for groups of up to 4 persons to climb the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben) by prior arrangement and subject to availability.
Please email email@example.com for help planning your visit. Tours of Parliament are very popular and it is advisable to book well in advance.